Sunday, January 20, 2013

Embracing Adolescence

Don't you just love it when you find an old CD that you haven't listened to in a really long time?  When I was cleaning yesterday, I found a R.E.M. CD and forgot how much I completely love the song "Night Swimming".  It's beautiful and vulnerable.  This song is amazing.

 
 
 
There's something about this song that sort of breaks me.  It tears away the armour of experience, age and confidence that I've developed over the years.  Listening to this song makes me feel adolescent.  Vulnerable and open.  New.  I forgot that I could feel this way.  I get so caught up in the busyness of life that I forget how amazing it feels to let my shield down.  To be alone and cry and embrace the tears that get pushed deep down.  This state of mind makes me feel alive and thankful that I do not have it all figured out for I want to continue to grow every single day of my life.  I want to be both strong and vulnerable.  Confident and weak.  Adult and adolescent.    


3 comments:

  1. Jaime, I had that same throught a couple of weeks ago as I sorted some old casette tapes - I was transported back in time, it was such a precious moment. Its great that we can recapture our memories and experiences - it is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a CD of The Carpenters. Talk about good feelings.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love listening to music that I haven't heard in a long time! :)

    I'm one of the Ambassadors for this year's A-Z Challenge, and I see you're signed up to participate. Looking forward to seeing your posts in April! :)

    ReplyDelete