Sunday, March 25, 2012

Getting Into the Groove

I'm really getting into the groove of being productive.  I'm preparing for the A to Z Challenge (as best as a procrastinator can), cleaning house, editing photos, getting into an exercise routine, reading my bible, writing and preparing for my work week. 

I have to prepare for my work week because it is going to be a doozie.  I am aware of this and won't be surprised when things get crazy.  Have any of you ever prepared for an audit?  It's stressful and a lot of work.  Especially when it is just another project added to your already overfilled workload.  We're also in the middle of renovations at work so I have to try and focus amidst the sounds of hammers, electric drills and saws as new walls are being constructed.  Hey, when you work in the non-profit sector, you have to be ready for anything.  Being flexible and easily adaptable helps me get through times like this without losing my sanity.  Plus, now I have an excuse to listen to my iPod at work.

One of the things that I am really looking forward to is seeing the little boy I mentor.  He's been doing much better and, if he did well last week, we get to have pizza tomorrow.  When I saw him last Tuesday, his teacher told me that he had five good days in a row.  I was so proud of him.  He asked if we could make a deal.  I told him that it depended on the deal and that is when he proposed being good for the entire week and being rewarded with pizza.  Of course I agreed.  He deserves it.  I prayed for him last week and I find out tomorrow morning whether or not we will be having pizza for lunch.  I'm much more hopeful today than I was a couple of weeks ago.  If he didn't do well, we will try again and set another goal.  I love that he keeps trying.  I love his persistence and determination (even if his motivator is pizza). 

I used to hate Sundays.  I'd get what I called a "Sunday feeling" and it was a combination of depression, crunchiness, lethargy and anxiety.  Now, my Sundays are wonderful because I use them to be creative, free myself from unnecessary worry, mentally prepare for the week and get into a good place physically, emotionally and mentally.  Sundays are my Getting Into the Groove days and I love them!  Happy Sunday to all.

Coquina Cross
Mission of Nombre de Dios
This is where Christianity began in America.  It is a place of beauty, peace, history and reflection.
I love it here.  The sacredness fosters my connection to God and helps me get into the groove.

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo Jamie...and yes, I too am preparing for the A to Z Challenge so I anticipate it being crazy. Great job to your little guy you mentor; he actually must think a great deal of you to want to strike a deal :)

    ReplyDelete