Monday, August 16, 2010

Great Husbands

Here's to great husbands.  The kind who knows exactly what you need after a long day of work.  Somehow, my husband knew that grilled steak and homemade American fries were exactly what I needed this evening.  I rushed home from work, trying so hard not to speed, my mouth watering with a feeling of excitement radiating throughout my entire body.  The freshly poured glass of wine was just a bonus. 

He just doesn't make me dinner either.  My husband also knows me.  The real me.  I don't have to hide my neuroses around him - I wouldn't even know how to.  He understands that I mumble when I don't feel like talking and that I don't like drinking coffee until I've had a chance to wake up.  When I "organize" his things, he is patient when searching through drawers and closets.  On those rare occasions when I feel like eating chips and dip for dinner, he doesn't say anything.  And when I ask if he minds watching a couple of Golden Girls episodes, he sits next to me and laughs along. 

I have the most wonderful husband ever.  He is my best friend and the person who I will spend the rest of my life with - in this world and in the next.  Thanks, God.  Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment